You are hereDuchess RavenWaves
Names in other languages:
Dutch: Gravin Ravenzwart
French: Duchesse Noir-de-Jais
German: Gräfin Rabenstolz
Italian: Duchessa Neronda
Through sheer arrogance and supreme vanity, the evil Duchess RavenWaves has decided that she more than anyone else deserves to be called the most beautiful girl in the world. However, her striking good looks are on the surface only, and her very long, raven-black hair reflects light from the outside rather than shimmering with a shine of its own. Jealousy is never pretty, but Duchess RavenWaves doesn't understand that the real beauty of Lady LovelyLocks comes from within, and no magic potion, hair color, or frizzy perm will ever be able to match that.
This prideful girl has confused beauty with extravagance and royal majesty with tacky luxury. Her competition with Lady LovelyLocks has caused her to overdo and exaggerate everything. Tangleland, her home, is a very dry and unsightly place because she spends more time on herself than taking care of her land. The resulting static electricity fills her hair whenever she gets angry, causing little sparks to fly every time she touches something. This of course does nothing to improve her conceited personality.
Duchess RavenWaves has retained the loyalties of the small, bad-tempered Comb Gnomes. In return for their help in conquering the Kingdom of LovelyLocks, she has promised them beautiful hair. They do whatever she tells them, for they see her as their only chance to become lovelier than their rivals, the PixieTails. But as long as there is no inner beauty in any of their hearts, try as they might, they will never become truly beautiful.
- Duchess RavenWaves uses a big telescope to spy on Lady LovelyLocks. It also includes sound, so she can eavesdrop as well.
- According to the storybooks, Duchess RavenWaves is two years older than Lady LovelyLocks.
- Duchess RavenWaves' mother was the Grand Duchess RavenHair.
- Explaining herself to Lady LovelyLocks: "I've seen the magic your hair creates in the Looking Room. I'll have your hair, then the kingdom!"
- After Lady LovelyLocks rescues her from a cave-in: "I never thought I would say 'thank you' to you, Lady... so I won't!"
- Replies to Longcurls' "rak" with: "Rak, indeed!"
- To HairBall: "All I need is some of her magical hair. Then I'll have her power."
- "What a great day to plot against Lady LovelyLocks!"
- Explaining herself to HairBall: "She saved my life. I owe her a favor, HairBall. And I don't like to owe anyone anything. But don't you worry. There's always a next time... There's always a next time!"